Friday 23 January 2015

Danger seems to follow me in my dreams

From scared to calm to happy in three relationships I never had

The younger boy with glasses,
being teased and mocked by his friends,
I took his hand in mine
and put my head to rest on his shoulder
and told him he's got my heart
And that I would take care of his
The red headed girl I used to love
she felt left out and mourned our relationship
I remembered our sweet kisses
and how brilliantly we shined together
She was my best friend
and to me, she still is
Talking to the older man with blonde hair
his scraggly beard so familiar against my cheek
He told me he would always love me
but he knew I had moved on
To something more healthy and pure
he wished me happiness
he saw it was right
and sighed beside my red headed girl
as I took the young boy's hand in mine

(2013-04-29)

No comments:

Post a Comment