Sunday 25 January 2015

I guess this is Goodbye

"So, I guess this is Goodbye"
Feet scraping the pavement, where fallen leaves laid left to rot.
"I guess"
She looked up at him, her eyes widening, heart pumping. She had known it for a while, yet it shocked her. He didn't face her, couldn't face her. He knew the confusion and the pain that was written on her face, for it was also inked over his own heart. He started, but fell silent. He tried again.
"I mean... This is what it's come to, right?" He still wouldn't look at her.
"I suppose so." In his ears her voice was clear and sharp. She felt as though it was nothing but a whisper.
They stood another minute, neither one of them wanting to go. But they could not stay forever, and they soon parted, walking off alone.






(25-01-2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment